I have a wall calendar, a desk calendar, and a blog planner in a 3-ring-binder, and a home management binder and an unorganized Google Calendar that I am trying to revive.
WHY would I be using a Google Calendar to organize my life and home? Why would that work?
Stick around and I’ll tell you!!
I am horrendous at keeping any type of calendar going but that is going to drastically change.
I love my Google Calendar and am clueless why it got swept under the rug during the past two months.
Here Are Some Advantages That I Found in Using My Google Calendar
- You can have more than one calendar. I have about six set up!
- You can view them all together where all your ‘happenings’ are integrated.
- You can view one calendar at a time. For instance, you can view your Menu Plan alone without seeing your Activities Calendar.
- You can color code your different calendars so that when you view them on the integrated calendar, you can see that you are going to a meeting and also see what you need to make for supper that night.
- I am able to add the URL for an online recipe to my menu plan. I just type it in next to the recipe title. That way I remember where to find the recipe.
Reasons Why a Calendar on My Computer Works So Well
- If I am downstairs, I bring my laptop and work there. It is a pain to remember to carry down my cumbersome 3-ring-binder too!
- If I need to be in my kitchen, I bring my laptop there. It is a pain to locate my 3-ring-binder and bring that too.
- Most everyone has a smartphone and it is convenient to be able to refer to your Google Calendar on it because it syncs with your other devices.
- On a typical calendar, there is not enough room to organize all that you might need to coordinate.
- I like to organize my housework. At least I have a plan! I have a calendar ‘just’ for my (ideal ;-)) cleaning schedule.
- I have two businesses and I can have separate calendars to integrate them when I need to make sure events are not overlapping.
I am Still on the Calendar Fence
I am transitioning into using Google Calendar but am not totally ready to say ‘Good bye” to my traditional wall calendar.
You may be there too?
I am going to keep my wall calendar up-to-date because my husband might need to see what is on the agenda. He isn’t going to search out or share my Google Calendar yet.
You might still want to keep a tangible calendar in a binder or planner because that is just your style.
You won’t be disappointed!!
Do you use Google Calendar to organize your life and home? If not, what is YOUR favorite calendar?
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- How Food Cravings Can Keep You from Going Deeper with God - July 18, 2017
- 20 Comforting Bible Verses When You are Going Through Trials - July 13, 2017
- 5 Ways to Go Deeper with God by Focusing on Him Wholeheartedly - July 3, 2017