Do you have little time to pick up the clutter and trails that your kids leave strewn throughout the house each day? It is so easy to get behind on the laundry and dishes each day let alone the clutter!!
I was thinking about young moms today and how hard it is to keep up. I think of this when I see my sweet neighbor driving up and down our dead-end street multiple times each day. When you are driving your kids to different activities, it takes time.
When you come home, it takes time to get back to doing the things you were doing before you left. Not to mention tying and untying the laces on the younger children’s shoes and putting things away.
Half the time, you probably don’t get the time to put things away before someone is yelling, “MOMMY!”
But Chaos CAN Be Turned to Order!!
Here are some simple ways to turn the chaos in your home to order:
- Get your kids’ behavior in order. Before you do anything else, teach your children to obey or doing anything else will be stressful on you and them. You might even need to grow in the area of obedience yourself. I know I am always needing to grown personally!! Ouch!!
- Give your kids chores. They can vacuum, wash floors, bathrooms, fold laundry and more. When you clean with them, a lot gets done in short order!
- Pick up toys before meals. Yes! Meals are motivating to most kids.
- Less is More! Less activities for your kids outside the home is a good thing! If you are running ragged and stressed, consider whether you are running around too much. Limit how many activities are allowed for each child or come up with a plan that works for your family.
If your kids are not taught to help, you just might find that you are stretched beyond your limits and doing too much. Teach your kids to help and you will be amazed how it will pay off. You will also be teaching them life-skills that they will need to be a good wife, employee or boss.
Are You Running Around Too Much?
I don’t know how you can keep up with all the chaos if you are running around too much.
There were seasons where I cut back on some of the things I was doing.
When my youngest two were babies, I totally cut out everything and added activities back later when they were older.
Hire Someone to Help
You might want to consider hiring someone to help with the cleaning or hire a sitter so you can get some things accomplished.
I never was able to hire someone to help me, but I did have a couple friends who could watch my children when I had something important to do. What if you watched your friend’s kids for an afternoon and she watched yours on another day? There are ways to be sure your stress level doesn’t get out of hand.
Missionaries have help all the time, so I don’t know why a mother can’t have help in keeping up with this very busy season of her life.
You just have to do what works best for you.
An Orderly Home but Chaos Within
It is good if you get your home in order but if your home functions with relational difficulties it will set a chaotic tone. That isn’t healthy.
If the chaos is between you and your husband, do whatever you can to bring order to your home.
- Get into God’s Word and search for the Lord for wisdom with all of your heart.
- You must be the game changer (not your husband) and change up your actions, mouth, and heart. Believe me, I’ve been there!
- Get counsel from your pastor or older trusted friend.
- Think before you speak!! It is usually our tongue that gets us into trouble in our marriage.
- Do sweet things for your husband that bring peace and trust.
Turning chaos into order in your home is more than just picking up the toys and finding schedules and routines that will clean up your act and that of your children.
It is bringing relational order between you and your husband also.
Yes, children can mess with that order even in the best of relationships but that is why they are in your home. Raising children takes years and prayers for them to turn their hearts to the Lord.
Do you struggle with a chaotic home? Was there anything that I shared that resonated with you? What would you add?
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- How Food Cravings Can Keep You from Going Deeper with God - July 18, 2017
- 20 Comforting Bible Verses When You are Going Through Trials - July 13, 2017
- 5 Ways to Go Deeper with God by Focusing on Him Wholeheartedly - July 3, 2017