It got me to thinking of how moms just don’t take care of themselves whether they have littles or even once the nest empties. It is the norm to think we have to get-out-of-shape once we are adults.
So, I am asking you, “Who stole your bike?” it is up to you to ‘take it back!’
Why Aren’t You Riding Your Bike?
I am sure that you have a plethora of excuses for why you don’t ride your bike.
When I had my first child, I would put him in a seat on the back of the bike and we’d go off for a ride. Just like you don’t see people riding without helmets much anymore, you don’t see people riding with their child on the back of the bike at all. It is considered unsafe because if the bike goes down, so does the child!!
Getting outside is the best this time of year. Maybe your husband can watch the children for a few minutes while you take a short ride? You’d be amazed how good that will feel!
BUT . . .
- You’re too tired (my life story!)
- You’re out of shape (well, do something about it!)
- You have laundry to fold (so do I!)
- It got dark! (there is always tomorrow!)
- You don’t have a bike! (find one!)
BUT . . .
- Biking is better for your knees than running!
- Biking is awesome because you can feel the breeze!
- You can ride with your children once they can handle a bike 🙂
- You don’t have to go far, just ride your bike!
I didn’t have a bike for years and often used one of my children’s bikes. It feels so good to take just a spin. It doesn’t have to be a biking marathon.
Now I have a bike and I enjoy going up and down our dirt road about 3 or 4 times. Four times is about a mile and it is a good Cardio workout after the dishes are done.
When we were first married we took our bikes out to Cape Cod. Just two years ago we went to the Outer Banks and rode our bikes all over. My husband was very proud that he had more stamina than I did (it was supper hot) and I kept wondering how far he would pedal before taking a break!!
Who stole your bike? I bet the ‘years’ did along with the health of your youth. Take it back!
Biking is a way to have a workout while seeing the sights around you in God’s creation. It is a way of taking good care of your body to the glory of God.
Take back your bike!!
Do you ride a bike? If you don’t, what do you do to keep living healthy?
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- Are You Willing to Make a Difference in a Younger Woman’s Life? - March 27, 2017
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017