There are some homemaking tasks I do everyday but in order to get our home in tip top shape I made a Rotating Zone Cleaning List.
I find that tasks that OUGHT to get done often stay on the back burner or never get done at all.
Making a Rotating Zone Cleaning List takes the guesswork out or the possibility that I will entirely forget to do a certain task. I can refer to my list.
Recently I saw the need to make a Rotating Zone Cleaning List that would include even the sub-areas of my home.
I love Flylady’s Zone Cleaning ideas but somehow I am always forgetting what Zone she is on or I neglect to detail clean that extra bedroom (aka your kid’s bedroom?? ahem!!) or my family room.
On Second thought, you need to know that I haven’t been detail cleaning anything besides the kitchen lately. I’ve had the intention of making a Rotating Zone Cleaning List so that I would concentrate on one room each week.
My Rotating Zone Cleaning List
- Week 1 – Zone 1 – The Entrance
- Week 2 – Zone 2 – The Kitchen
- Week 3 – Zone 3 – The Bathroom(s)
- Week 4 – Zone 4 – The Master Bedroom
- Week 5 – Zone 5 – The Living Room
- Week 6 – Zone 1 – Front Porch
- Week 7 – Zone 2 – The Kitchen
- Week 8 – Zone 3 – One Extra Room
- Week 9 – Zone 4 – The Master Closet
- Week 10-Zone 5 – The Family Room
Your home is different than mine and might not have a family room or may have a dinning room (which thankfully I don’t have).
What I did was rotate the Zones to include other rooms or the closet having to do with that Zone. It really isn’t so hard because if you notice, the entrance gets deep cleaned every 10 weeks.
In between concentrating on a particular Zone, I do keep up with the floors and clutter. If my house isn’t dusted or the windows are smudged with baby prints (which at the moment they are) it really doesn’t look so bad when the floors are clean. Then if I miss finding time to Zone clean (which happens) my house still looks spic-and-span.
How about you? How do you get around to deep cleaning your home? What method do you use?
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017