To be honest. I don’t have a plan for the first week in December let alone the rest of the month.
I am trying NOT to get overwhelmed with all that I have on my plate this month. Ever since I returned from my son’t house, I have been trying to catch up with various areas of my life. I am also trying to get ready for Christmas.
- I needed to get my home running smoothly again.
- I needed to work on my blog (what I mean is that I needed to write). Blogs are always hungry for more and more. If you are a blogger, did you ever notice that you are never quite done? 😉 Did I tell you how much I love writing for you?
- Then I had to get my business running smoothly again.
- There was Thanksgiving dinner to cook and bake for. Love that too!
- I have been out Christmas shopping (and online shopping too). I enjoy shopping for my loved ones.
- I have lines to memorize for the Christmas play. I am ‘the’ main character. Did I tell you how out of my comfort zone it is to memorize and be in front of a crowded church?! You can pray for me!!
- I also have an extra project that I didn’t count on.
I am sure that your day is over-crowded with a ‘To-Do List” that is a yard long too!!
With all the business that December and Christmas brings, the temptation is to neglect making out a simple menu for the week.
I am NOT talking about anything complicated. I did that in a post from a couple years back. THAT is overwhelming. Scratch that!!
Menu for Just One Week
Keep it simple sweetie!!
Just pick out some easy things to cook for just one week.
It will help you to know way before 5pm what you will put on the table for your family.
I take the meat out of the fridge fairly early in the day. That makes things much easier in the late afternoon.
I don’t care if you write your list of supper ideas on a scratch piece of paper. Just remember where it is located!!
If you have a master menu list, that will make it easier. Saving your December menus from year to year is helpful too.
Planning Your December Menu
I need this just as much as I am sure you do. I am going to jot down what I will be making for supper next week in just a moment.
Ask me in the comments if I actually did my menu!!
To make it easier, I am going to share a FREE Menu Planner for December for you to print.
If you sign up with my weekly newsletter, I plan on sharing printables at least once a month in 2016 (if not more often).
Get the rest of my Christmas series HERE!!
Welcome to WholeHearted Wednesday #170
Thank you for joining in with WholeHearted Wednesday #170 yet again this week!! Link up as many of your favorite and forgotten family-friendly posts as you’d like. Share a little Christ-like love around the blogosphere as you stop over to fellowship with other bloggers.
Did you “LIKE” WholeHearted Home on Facebook?? I share interesting things that might not even be on my blog that will encourage and inspire you. Sometimes you will even get a peek behind my blog.
You will might find me at THESE LINKUP PARTIES as I have time to visit!!
WholeHearted Wednesday will be LIVE through Saturday at midnight!
Want to be FIRST to know when the party goes LIVE?
Enter your email address below to receive a weekly reminder
when WholeHearted Wednesday starts!!
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017