What are you doing to make yourself attractive for your husband? Yes, you have my permission!
Our husbands are bombarded on the job and whenever they are out with scantily clad women who are constantly competing for the attention of men. Any man.
You don’t have to be glamorous but it is important to put some effort into maintaining your body, soul, and spirit. If you only look good for your husband on the outside and greet him when he returns from work with a sour attitude, you will ruin your outward beauty.
I have struggled to have the right spirit when the tensions were so tight that they might snap. We didn’t have the perfect marriage back then, nor the perfect children (did I say, not a perfect mother either?) and that is why I can encourage you today.
It isn’t through living a perfectly godly life that qualifies me to share with you, but that I learned through my failures how to walk with God abiding within me. It would have been impossible to do my part in my marriage without God.
I just want you to get to the point that you can look back and say that God brought you through all those tough years. I want you to be able to say that you are closer to your husband for all the hard times and because Jesus was with you all the way.
So, that being said, know that it is VERY IMPORTANT to KEEP YOURSELF attractive for your husband!! You know that don’t you?
- You don’t have to be beautiful or even pretty. The most beautiful model or actress sours her beauty with a loose and course lifestyle. Your beauty is from within and radiates on your face and through your life.
- Even the most gorgeous women in the world does much to maintain her attractiveness.
- Queen Esther was one of the most beautiful women in her country and yet she spent a year beautifying herself before she met the king.
- Making Yourself Inwardly Attractive to Your Husband: Making yourself attractive starts on the inside. If you don’t spend time preparing the inside, you will only replicate the kind of beauty that Hollywood is after. That is shallow beauty. Spend at least 5 minutes reading your Bible each day and 5 minutes praying. Renewing your spirit and walk with the Lord each day will radiate outwardly on your countenance.
- Do you make sure that your internal self is cleansed and rejuvenated with regular exercise? So many women neglect #1 and say they have no time to spend time with God. Even more say they have no time for a workout. We all choose how we will spend the 24 hours we are given each day. There were many times that I neglected to be regular in my workouts but overall it has been something I have returned to. In the past four years, I have not allowed myself to skip too many days even though I didn’t feel like exercising let alone moving. After having babies our body shifts south. I know that if you saw me you wouldn’t think I needed to watch my weight. But I do. You see, at some point, my metabolism changed and it became much harder to stay slim. Before I knew it, I was up to my pregnancy weight. At nine months! I knew that I would keep gaining. I could no longer eat 3 muffins and a plate of spaghetti, nibble on some chocolate chips, and have bread for breakfast and lunch. I cannot even look at bread or carbs of any sort without gaining weight!! Besides a myriad of other reasons to exercise, I would not stay slim these days without it. If you are spending 15 minutes or more on Facebook each day, you have time for a workout. Being sedentary pays off big time. In extra pounds!
- Do you preserve your strength and vitality with a healthful diet? I made bread for years and years but really cannot eat it anymore. No, I am not going to get into the non-gluten thing…it just simply makes me gain pounds like crazy. Eating a diet consisting of fruits, nuts, and raw veggies will give you the life, strength and vitality that will increase your energy levels. Too many carbs just makes you tired and maybe even cranky. I’m not going to tell you which ones to eat. Oranges aren’t my favorite but maybe you love them. I love bananas and apples but maybe you prefer peaches. God has given us so much variety!! (I eat meat and rice but hate cooked broccoli…just saying…I’m not vegan.)
- Do you dress attractively for your husband? Do you greet your husband in sweats and a “T” shirt when he comes home from work? At least when you do, they ought to be attractively chosen and color coordinated. I want to impress my husband more than any other person on earth! I often tell him that I dress for him. Not that he notices what I am wearing. Quite the contrary. He rarely notices at all. What he sees, is an overall impression. Keeping my body and hair clean and smelling nice is important. Even putting on some makeup goes a long way on that impression you are trying to make. I don’t own much makeup, you don’t have to own it all. A little goes a long way. You don’t need to shop for ‘new’ things. It is amazing the bargains you can find at a good thrift store, better than you could afford new.
You can’t afford NOT to make this investment in yourself and in your marriage. It isn’t selfish, but rather selfish not to invest in yourself, your health, and living a future to the glory of God.
Charm is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised. ~Proverbs 31:30~
Pray for God to direct you in what steps you can make and He will enable you to do them. Invite the Holy Spirit to dwell in you and in your home. You will be happy that you did!!
For those with a little spring fever, a little extra Spring break time,
or a hope for a renewed attitude this Easter season,
I have a discount code for
with $5 off Module 1
from Friday March 27th through Saturday, April 4th.
Module 1 is all about shifting our internal monologue, setting up an effective calendar, and overcoming the sense of overwhelm that so easily washes over us. Even if people don’t continue on in the course, module 1 is incredibly helpful in setting the tone of our organization efforts, whatever path we take to get there. Spring is the time of fresh starts, and I believe module 1 of the Simplified Organization course is a powerful perspective-changer for women ready for change.
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017