I am so pleased that my real-life friend, Lori Pruett, offered to share her wonderful book, “Grading Without the Guesswork, Helping Homeschoolers Stay on Track” for this giveaway.
Take the time to ENTER and SHARE with your friends and social media contacts! They will all thank you when they find their homeschooling journey so much more doable!
This would have been a wonderful help and encouragement for me while I was homeschooling our 7 children from start to finish. I wish this book would have been in my hands at least 10 years ago!
Grading Without the Guesswork, Helping Homeschoolers Stay on Track by Lori Pruett
As an educator, I know first hand the challenge of evaluating students’ work in a fair way. We want an accurate measure, but at the same time we want assessment to spur them on; not devastate them, nor puff them up with pride.
I am passionate about communication and learning. My mission is to help others know the joy of learning. A background in special education and 30+ years of classroom, homeschooling and tutoring experience has given me insight into the way students learn. One of my greatest joys is leading struggling students to life-changing breakthroughs in education and career planning.
This resource aims to strike a balance between the practical, technical details of fair assessment and how to communicate and use that information to build up students as they learn to lead themselves.
Grading without the Guesswork will give you ready to use planning and grading sheets to streamline this important task. It can give you the peace of mind that you are doing enough of the right things.
It will also equip you to know how to use these assessments, not just record them in a grade book. The way we communicate grades can make or break the way our student progresses.
“Assessment is not merely for the report card, transcript, college application, or scholarship. Ultimately, evaluation is the starting place for growth. The way we respond can affect their attitudes towards learning, how they respond to challenges and disappointments, and the lifelong relationships we have as parents. We want our conversation to be seasoned with grace!”
(Selection taken from p. 5 Grading without the Guesswork by Lori Pruett)
Great News! One of My Readers can WIN this awesome book! Grading without the Guesswork by Lori Pruett?
Celebrating and Thanking my Readers for Being Part of 5 Years of Blogging Here at WholeHearted Home!!
Welcome to WholeHearted Wednesday #201
WOW! It’s Wednesday again! Welcome to our WholeHearted Wednesday Linkup for bloggers!
Announcing the Winner for “Further Whispers of Hope” by Jennifer Rene Daniel!!
I am sooo excited to announce to you the winner of last week’s GIVEAWAY!!
Catherine Brown is the WINNER!! YAY!! You will be so blessed by this book, Catherine!!
This is a ‘real’ book and not an e-book that will be such a blessing. If you want to have a copy of this book too just read the book review HERE and you may order it through there.
WholeHearted Featured Post
I loved this book review from Wife, Mummy, Nurse and primarily because she was candid and did not just say she totally loved the book to be polite. She was positive in sharing the good points in the book but also shared why she would wait to read it until her daughter was older. Stop over and see what she shares and discern if you will choose this book or not.
To use the “I was Featured” button,
copy and paste it and then link the URL from this post into the graphic.
Now let’s link-up!!
This is a weekly Christian link-up
WholeHearted Wednesday’s sole purpose is to point people to Jesus! We hope that this link-up will be a source of encouragement to those who stop by every single week. If you are a blogger we hope that you seek to meet new people and share the fellowship available through this community. If you are a reader we hope you will find the fellowship in Christ through this community and meet like-minded bloggers. Most of all this is a place where we can share Jesus and fellowship.
My name is Judith Kowles (sometimes known as Judie) and I am the author and owner of WholeHearted Home. I would love it if you would follow me where I love to hang out the most.
WholeHearted Home | Judith Kowles
THE AWESOME RULES!
- Follow me through my blog or my social media channels. This is not mandatory but sure appreciated.
- Leave as many of your most recent or forgotten CHRISTIAN FAMILY/HOME/LIVING posts. We also reserve the right to delete posts that do not align with a Christian perspective or that are deemed by the hostesses to be inappropriate.
- Visit at least one other link and leave an encouraging comment. Please do not link and run. This is a party and without fellowship both my blog and yours will die a slow death!
- Your post(s) will be randomly sorted on this link-up. That means you may come as early or late as you’d like and the fellowship will be ‘even’ more fun!!
In Order to be Featured Next Week
I will do my best to share a featured post each week. When I am out-of-town or life ‘happens’ that may not be possible for that week. Just wanted to leave myself room to be real.
- Grab a button or link back to WholeHearted Home to encourage new linkers. This is not mandatory for the linkup, but is required for being featured.
- I will choose one link to feature and promote via my social media channels next week.
- By linking up you agree to allow me to use your featured post image if you are chosen as a feature for next week. By linking up and leaving your email address, you also agree to receive e-mails relating to WholeHearted Wednesday.
Thank you for linking back to WholeHearted Home
or Grabbing the Button and joining the link-up below:
Want to be FIRST to know when the party goes LIVE?
Enter your email address below to receive a weekly reminder
when WholeHearted Wednesday starts!!
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- How Food Cravings Can Keep You from Going Deeper with God - July 18, 2017
- 20 Comforting Bible Verses When You are Going Through Trials - July 13, 2017
- 5 Ways to Go Deeper with God by Focusing on Him Wholeheartedly - July 3, 2017