For the first week of 2017, I was thinking how my One Word would challenge, stretch and grow me this year.
This year, I am choosing the word, grace, and I can’t tell you how excited I am to share with you what the Lord is showing me so far.
I used to make a list of resolutions or goals that would take me through the coming year but it was easy to forget what they were and anyhow, I never came close to reaching any of them. During the past 5 years, I have been choosing just One Word and it has been an amazing journey of spiritual growth and stretching in my life.
Do you make resolutions, goals or do you also choose One Word?
I hope to influence you on the amazingness of choosing just one word for 2017. It isn’t too late to get on board!!
The Amazing Definition of Grace
Grace is an amazing word that takes on many meanings.
1. I think this word will definitely stretch me this year!!Simple elegance or refinement of movement. There so many other words that give meaning to this first definition of grace.
2. The free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in our salvation from sin and the many blessings for Believers.
3. To do honor and credit to someone or something by one’s presence.
Why I Chose the Word Grace
My One Word for 2017 is not so original but one that has been growing in meaning and depth for me over the past month.
Grace is the meaning of my middle name, Anne, so I feel that God has given me an extra measure of grace in my life.
I don’t know what 2017 holds for me, so I don’t know how grace will impact me going forward. I do know that God gave me this word as an anchor and rudder to steer me in the days ahead.
I do know that God’s grace has impacted me through my life because I can look back and see ways that He has blessed me when I never deserved it.
5 Reasons You Will Grow by Choosing One Word
- It is easy to remember just One Word.
- You won’t be frustrated when you don’t reach your goals.
- You can choose synonyms for your word.
- You can do a word study on your word.
- It is amazing to see how your word impacts your year.
3 Bible Verses on Grace
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. (2 Corinthians 12:9)
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. (Romans 6:14)
Grace is my One Word for 2017 and I would love to know if you have a word for this year?
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017