Facing pain is something that most of us will have to do at some point in our life. As moms, this can bring challenges as we must continue to cope with responsibilities in our everyday life.
Your pain may be emotional or physical.
Do you have a relationship that went sour?
Maybe you are facing a physical condition that makes it hard to cope with your everyday responsibilities?
I can relate.
Last Tuesday, I rode the quarter mile down our dirt road to the mailbox. When I got home and stopped my bike, the front wheel pivoted sideways. I fell, like it was a slow-motion video, slamming my shoulder into the gravel driveway.
I laid on the ground for who knows how long, knowing that I had broken my clavicle.
It only takes a moment to change your summer plans or the course of your life because something happens beyond your control.
One moment I was riding my bike and the next moment, I am experiencing severe pain with the realization of all the things I won’t be able to do this summer.
Suddenly things I did in my home will be a challenge or totally not get done.
Getting dressed and ready for the day is beyond painful.
Some of my sweet readers know exactly what I mean because of a chronic illness that makes it difficult to get out of bed each morning.
You might know a different kind of pain caused by a relationship that has deeply hurt your heart.
This morning I lay in bed not knowing how I would make my bed, do the laundry, clean the bathroom or kitchen floor. It took me all day just to fold a few clothes while most of them waited to be washed.
Some of you know exactly what I am talking about because you have littles who constantly leave trails. The dishes are piled in the sink, and clothes stacked in a huge mountain by the washer!!
Facing your pain and realizing what you are dealing with can bring an impossible feeling that you cannot even cope with everyday life.
How to Cope with Everyday Life when Facing Pain
I don’t have all of the answers because this is not an easy situation to be in.
Unfortunately, other people are way too busy these days and friends and neighbors might not even know you are struggling.
If only more women would make a difference in a younger woman’s life (or an older one) for that matter.
- Just do what you can and don’t stress over the rest. Seriously? Yes, I mean it. I am learning to do this. Since I OCD over my kitchen floor, that is where #thestruggleisreal.
- Don’t expect or pressure your husband to help. I haven’t totally learned this one but I can see how much it would help. It would be better to teach your children to help (like mine did) than to think your husband should help after a long day at work. If he offers to help in some way, it will be all the sweeter.
- Focus your eyes on Jesus, not yourself. It is so easy to get all wrapped up in your own problems. Have you ever met someone who complains about the cold in the winter and the warmth of the summer? Typically, that sort of person never stops to ask how you’re doing. Even though you are facing pain in your life each day, listen and ask others how they are really doing and you will be so blessed. You will find that there is such a blessing to encourage those you meet. You will also find someone whose problems are worse than your own.
- Start your day with the Lord. As I lay in bed this morning, I was overwhelmed as I thought of all the things I couldn’t do. Once I spent time in God’s Word, my day didn’t seem so overwhelming. that didn’t change what I was able to do. The laundry is still down on the table by the washer and most of the clothes are still waiting to be ironed. My kitchen floor hasn’t been washed since before my bike accident. These things just don’t have the power to overwhelm me any longer because I gave it all to the Lord.
- Strengthening verses to empower you. Here are a couple verses that the Lord brought to my mind for this time in my life. I hope they will also strengthen and equip you as they have me.
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- How Food Cravings Can Keep You from Going Deeper with God - July 18, 2017
- 20 Comforting Bible Verses When You are Going Through Trials - July 13, 2017
- 5 Ways to Go Deeper with God by Focusing on Him Wholeheartedly - July 3, 2017