April brings on the urge to clean but most of us don’t have the time to devote to spring cleaning. I never do. Do you?
Have you even had the urge day after day to clean and organize, yet the realization that you have absolutely no time whatsoever to do it?
If you only have 10 or 15 minutes (or how about 30 seconds?) you can make a dent in the piles on the kitchen counter, and that overflowing junk drawer, or that pile of papers on the desk! Where does all the paper come from when we live in an almost paperless society?!
Not Exactly Spring Cleaning
We all have problem areas in our homes that need attention from time to time. I am not spring cleaning as I rotate Zones (somewhat) but I do have some projects I am working on in what little spare time I have.
1. Kitchen Cabinets – I don’t know if I will clean all my kitchen cabinets, but I have two shelves that are problem areas. I have been procrastinating this task for a month or more. Finally today I tackled just one of them. Right now, I really do not have large blocks of time for cleaning, so taking 15 minutes for one task, works for me!!
2. Cleaning/Tidying Pantry – I am so blessed to have a pantry. It has always been downstairs under the stairway. Before we ever thought to have a pantry was back when we had only two children. My husband built an enclosed area under the stairs. I made it into a ‘club house’ for my two young children. Eventually, I needed a storage place for our dry food while we were raising our children and buying lots of food each month. Occasionally I need to clean up and reorganize this area (now turned pantry) as it has become a royal mess. Hopefully I will tackle this job on Monday or Tuesday.
3. Master Bedroom Closet – I am blessed to have a nice walk-in closet. I didn’t always have one. In our first house, a cottage, there wasn’t one single closet in the whole house. When we moved to our current home, too much ended up in our closet since our 3 unit bookcase wasn’t assembled yet. Gradually I have been moving things out of my closet to other places in our home. It takes so long after you move to think through how you are going to organize. Do you intend to clean out and organize your closet? Mine is an on-going project!!
So, those are 3 areas that I am focusing on this Spring. Not really because it is spring but just because those areas have gotten out-of-hand.
What areas are you focusing on (no matter whether it is Spring or Winter when you read this
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017