It is time to get back into the routines that make our homes run smoothly. One of these routines is the habit of ‘staying consistent with menu planning.’
You can find more about what I have shared about Menu Planning HERE to help you get on track.
This is a HUGE area that I struggle in and staying consistent in cranking out a menu is just not my strong point.
I do KNOW how important it is and when you have littles fussing around 5 o’clock as their internal tummy-clock goes off, having a plan will insure that:
- Your home will run smoother
- Your husband will come home to the smell of supper cooking
- You’ll have the ingredients in your pantry
- You’ll have a plan
- Everyone will be happy!!
How To Stay Consistent with Menu Planning
Whether it is on Thursday afternoon before grocery shopping on Friday, or on a Sunday evening, find a time to plan what you will cook each week.
- Make it the same time each week
- Don’t let other responsibilities crowd out this planning slot
- Save menu plans from previous weeks
- Rotate menu plans or make a similar one based on recipes already rotated
Menu Planning will Become a No-Brainer
It really isn’t hard at all to menu plan once you get through the first four weeks.
At first you will probably take longer going through your cookbooks or online recipes in order to choose meals that your family will love.
Once that is accomplished and you have a list of about 30 Meals, you will find it goes so much smoother.
Do You Want to Learn More About Planning Your Menu?
- Is Your Menu Planning A Mess? + Scopes + Printable
- Making A Master Grocery List + Scope + Printable
- Making A List of 10 Favorite Breakfasts +WholeHearted Wednesday #161
- Making Lunch Pinteresting for Your Family
- 5 Reasons Planning Supper Saves Time
- Menu Planning for a Month
- Making A List of 30 ‘Go To’ Suppers + Printable
So, get out your cookbooks or go online and find recipes that work best for your family and get started!!
My Challenge to YOU!! Go through each of my posts in this series and start menu planning and then share what is working best for you in the comments!!
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017