Do you start scrolling through Facebook while you are still laying in bed? Time can slip away quickly on social media and the tensions of our day will be greater when we start falling behind.
Social media is something we didn’t have to deal with 15 years ago. It didn’t exist.
That is why it is more important than ever to be intentional and focused as we start our day.
- Do you reach for your phone and go on Facebook while you are still laying in bed?
- Do you start texting a friend as you sit on the edge of your bed?
- Maybe you stop by Twitter or Pinterest too?
I’ve done that!!
You are NOT alone!!
That is why I came up with 5 things that I try to do before 8am. I say, “try” because life happens and sometimes they get done by 9 or even 10am!!
5 Things I Try to Do Before 8am
OK so sometimes it is 9am but I am trying to change that. If I could manage my time better and not read my Bible for an hour some mornings or get caught on Facebook too long!
What happened is this. I was getting sidetracked early in the day and time was slipping away before I accomplished the most important priorities for my day. It wasn’t necessarily Facebook, but was often some project that caught my eye and pulled my day in another direction.
I decided to make a few small changes in my routine and I had no idea how it would drastically change my life.
The more I do these 5 things each day, the more focused the rest of my day becomes.
- Get Outside (I have to feed the dog)
- Shower & Dress & listen to a motivational speaker
- Quiet Time
- Read for 15-30 Minutes
I want to challenge you to choose 5 things to do as you start your day.
Your 5 things and your day will likely look different than mine.
- You might want to write before your children are up
- You might want to schedule your Facebook time while your children are still sleeping
- You might work from home and want to get started first thing
I am more productive in the mornings. By evening I am slowing down and it takes me much longer to accomplish something that should have been done earlier.
I am re-evaluating how I am using my time.
Too often Facebook is a black hole that sucks me dry of time and energy. I need it for my business, yet I can forget to finish my laundry like I did today!!
Just choosing these 5 things has helped me tremendously to be more intentional so that I get to writing and working my business earlier in the morning.
You might be a ‘stay at home mom’ or a ‘work from home mom’, homeschooler, or your children are at school and you must use your time wisely and be ready for them when they come home in the afternoon. We all do different things but have similar issues with time management.
What are your struggles with time management? What 5 things will you try to do before 8am, 9am or 10am?
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- 10 Ways to Handle Mommy Brain Overload - August 22, 2017
- Married 74 Years and How You Can Learn from Their Example - August 15, 2017
- Full Plate, Empty Life and Why You Should Be Single Tasking - August 8, 2017