There are 5 Psalms that will encourage you to have a thankful heart when your day gets off to a bad start.
When life weighs you down before your feet hit the floor, you can end up feeling more ungrateful for what’s on your plate, than thankful.
You Don’t have a Thankful Heart When . . .
- You want to stay in bed longer
- The baby keeps you up all night
- You can’t find your car keys
- The bills are higher than the money in the checking account
How can you culture thankfulness when your day is going like this?
King David in the Bible was able to culture a thankful heart and often when life wasn’t going so well.
1. A Thankful Heart Gives Thanks for God’s Mercy
O give thanks unto the Lord, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever. (Psalm 107:1)
2. A Thankful Heart Gives Thanks for God’s Goodness
Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! (Psalm 107:8)
3. A Thankful Heart Sings and Cannot be Silent
To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever. (Psalm 30:12)
4. A Thankful Heart Loves to Praise and Bless His Name
Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! (Psalm 100:4)
5. A Thankful Heart Praises the Lord with Her Whole Heart
I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. (Psalm 9:1)
Your day might have had a rough start, but you can always change that by opening the book of Psalms and give thanks to the Lord with your whole heart.
How has this post encouraged your heart today? I’d love if you shared!
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- Back to School with Plan to Eat - August 25, 2017
- 10 Ways to Handle Mommy Brain Overload - August 22, 2017
- Married 74 Years and How You Can Learn from Their Example - August 15, 2017