How is it so easy to neglect time with God when you have every intention of being faithful to your quiet time?
I can make a list of things to do each day and even a schedule but it never really works.
I can’t keep to a schedule that fits neatly into half-hour time slots let alone hour slots.
My day goes more by a routine that starts when I get up.
There are so many extra things that just don’t make it onto a list that I do each day that are part of my routine and these things can postpone and keep me from my quiet time.
When my children were growing up, I HAD to spend time with God almost right away after getting up or that time would quickly disappear.
I have seen ways that I can easily neglect spending time with God and here they are:
4 Ways to Neglect Time with God
- Time gets away from you!!
- Social media takes that time slot
- Leaving time for God until last
- Spending time reading your Bible and praying without BEING with God
Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and whatever other social media platform you prefer, didn’t exist back a few years ago and the phone wasn’t too smart.
BUT it was easy to spend too much time on the phone with a friend. You weren’t likely to roll over and call a friend before getting out of bed like you can check Facebook on your phone today.
Nothing is new and there were just as many ways to procrastinate or pass up that time alone (or semi-alone) with God.
How To Solve the Problem of Neglecting Time with God
Satan so wants to defeat us!!
If he can get us to neglect spending time with God we will struggle with patience, irritability, or anger; and we will lose our joy and peace!!
That is why I want to ‘head him up at the pass’ and not live defeated but through victory in Christ Jesus.
- Recapture another time slot before the day gets away.
- Do NOT get on social media before spending time with God.
- Make time with God a priority in your day – like the same time each day if possible.
- Don’t just spend time with God. Connect with God during your Quiet Time. Experience and practice His presence.
Victory in Christ Jesus through Bible Verses
Romans 8:37 – Nay, in all these things we are
more than conquerors through him that loved us.
Philippians 4:13 – I can do all things
through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Romans 8:1– There is therefore now no condemnation
to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
1 Corinthians 15:57 – But thanks be to God,
which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
I hope these verses encouraged you today to walk with Jesus each step of the way.
How do you typically neglect to spend time with God? I’d also love to hear how theses verses encourage you today.
Welcome to WholeHearted Wednesday #194
WOW! It’s Wednesday again! Welcome to our WholeHearted Wednesday Linkup for bloggers!
I love Emily’s blog over at Morning Motivated Mom and here is a pillar post that she has shared on last week’s WholeHearted Wednesday. I hope you stop over and encourage her with a wholehearted comment!!
Now let’s link-up!!
This is a weekly Christian link-up
WholeHearted Wednesday’s sole purpose is to point people to Jesus! We hope that this link-up will be a source of encouragement to those who stop by every single week. If you are a blogger we hope that you seek to meet new people and share the fellowship available through this community. If you are a reader we hope you will find the fellowship in Christ through this community and meet like-minded bloggers. Most of all this is a place where we can share Jesus and fellowship.
My name is Judith Kowles (sometimes known as Judie) and I am the author and owner of WholeHearted Home. I would love it if you would follow me where I love to hang out the most.
WholeHearted Home | Judith Kowles
THE AWESOME RULES!
- Follow me through my blog or my social media channels. This is not mandatory but sure appreciated.
- Leave as many of your most recent or forgotten CHRISTIAN FAMILY/HOME/LIVING posts. We also reserve the right to delete posts that do not align with a Christian perspective or that are deemed by the hostesses to be inappropriate.
- Visit at least one other link and leave an encouraging comment. Please do not link and run. This is a party and without fellowship both my blog and yours will die a slow death!
- Your post(s) will be randomly sorted on this link-up. That means you may come as early or late as you’d like and the fellowship will be ‘even’ more fun!!
In Order to be Featured Next Week
I will do my best to share a featured post each week. When I am out-of-town or life ‘happens’ that may not be possible for that week. Just wanted to leave myself room to be real.
- Grab a button or link back to WholeHearted Home to encourage new linkers. This is not mandatory for the linkup, but is required for being featured.
- I will choose one link to feature and promote via my social media channels next week.
- By linking up you agree to allow me to use your featured post image if you are chosen as a feature for next week. By linking up and leaving your email address, you also agree to receive e-mails relating to WholeHearted Wednesday.
Thank you for linking back to WholeHearted Home
or Grabbing the Button and joining the link-up below:
Want to be FIRST to know when the party goes LIVE?
Enter your email address below to receive a weekly reminder
when WholeHearted Wednesday starts!!
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017