Are you getting ready for Christmas?
It is so doable. You really can do this. You can get ready for Christmas without the stress or at least lessen the stress and enjoy your kids and family this year!
There is so much to do in the weeks and days before Christmas that we can get so stressed over a holiday that we love. It is so easy to forget the reason for the season!
God gave us the best gift of all in sending Jesus as a baby to earth so that He could die for our sins and give us Eternal Life.
But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man. ~Hebrews 2:9~
The cross that Jesus died on has everything to do with the baby wrapped in swaddling clothes on that first Christmas so long ago. I don’t want to lose sight of that!
We have all sinned and blood must be shed to cleanse us from all guilt.
For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. ~Romans 6:23~
That is the reason that I love to celebrate Christmas so that others can experience Christmas the same way that I have.
Do you believe in Christmas? Or do you just celebrate it with gifts and Santa?
As you shop, wrap, bake, mail Christmas cards, and go to Christmas events, include Jesus and don’t forget the real meaning of why we are celebrating this year.
Here are some tips that will help you as you get ready for Christmas will a whole lot less stress.
4 Doable Steps for Getting Ready for Christmas this Year
- Do something every day – Don’t procrastinate. Make a list of what you have to do and get started by doing something every single day. Work hard this week instead of the last week before Christmas so you can enjoy those last few days.
- Avoid staying up late Christmas Eve – Stay up late now instead of on Christmas Eve! Wouldn’t it be nice to go to come home from your Christmas Eve service without having to stay up to wrap presents?!
- Start Early – Even if you haven’t done much yet, you can get so much done this week if you consistently buckle down each day.
- Tips – Try to keep up with wrapping presents, keep in mind the parties that are coming up and wrap the gift (if you are to bring one) before you are ready to walk out the door!! Ask me why I said that!!
These tips will get you well on your way to getting ready for Christmas.
BUT. My tips are not finished because I know that you have some tips to share too.
What have YOU found that works in getting ready for Christmas without leaving too much to the last minute?
See my other holiday posts in my Christmas Roundup!!
Latest posts by Judith (see all)
- My One Word Journey - January 17, 2017
- Grace is My One Word for 2017 - January 10, 2017
- Ditch Your New Year’s Resolutions and Choose Just ONE WORD - January 2, 2017